Friday, October 26, 2007

Trunk or Treat - Wow!










Tonight was by far the most successful outreach event we've ever done. I'm not sure how many people came tonight, but we had a steady stream of people for over 1 1/2 hours.
All I can really say is that this is why we hired Pastor Andy. I knew in his interview that his creativity and energy would help us connect with the families of our community. We did exactly that tonight. I get so energized after spending a night meeting new people! As one guy (who shall remain nameless) said, "we've got a crap-ton of people here!"
Michelle Corbin pulled kids around the parking lot all night with a hayride, too. The weather was beautiful, it was the kind of fall day I live for.
We had families come because they saw the article about it in the newspaper, others because of the signs we put out, others because they got one of the 1,000 flyers we stuck in doors this week.

But the best moment of the night was when I saw my brother-in-law for the first time since he decided to drop the divorce and begin going to couseling. We had a big hug and he had tears in his eyes. I don't want to sound melodramatic, but it was probably one of the best moments of my life, I'm so glad God has worked this miracle in their lives! I also enjoyed seeing my adorable neices in their Halloween costumes.

1 comment:

Derin Beechner (Durk Niblick) said...

Bill said that didn't he?! HA!

AWESOME EVENT! Way to go Pastor Andy!