Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Should I try out for the Gardner Community Theatre?

I just so happened to find a flyer in the shopping cart at Wal-Mart announcing try-outs for the Music Man with the Gardner Community Theatre. Try-outs are Saturday and Sunday, the performances are July 25th-27th. I'd really enjoy this. I haven't been a part of a musical performance (other than some lame voice recitals in college) since High School. It would be a lot of fun and it would be a great way to be in the community.
Anyone can make the chorus, but I'm considering trying out for a minor singing part. I'd have to sing a 15 second selection of music and I have no idea what I'd do. So, I'm not sure whether I should go for a part or not.

3 comments:

Derin Beechner (Durk Niblick) said...

Of course you should!

-Derin-

Anonymous said...

Of course you should! We could be known as 'that church with that singing and dancing pastor'!

Donnie Miller said...

Well, then that settles it.
Actually, I've got the second round of tryouts on Thursday night.