Monday, April 14, 2008

I live in Kansas

I live in Kansas where the Jayhawks are still national champs and the wind is still blowing.

This video is now ALL over the internet, featured video on youtube and linked from Sports Illustrated, Fox Sports and other sports blogs.

The wind has been blowing straight since Feb. 1st or something. It never stops. The shingles on my roof finally decided they'd been holding on long enough and are now dive-bombing my yard in a final blaze of glory. Hopefully I can get the roofing company out here soon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Man... I came looking for a fight over the character of the people of Kansas and must leave empty handed.

That is unfortunate about your shingles. How old is the house?

Ours is 6 years old, and the master bedroom has windows on both walls in the southwest corner. The new developments have no mature trees either, so we hear the wind a-howlin' pretty much non-stop.