Sunday, April 6, 2008

Ministry Student Book Club

One of the incredible priveleges and high responsibilities of pastoring a church is mentoring future pastors. Last fall, I started this group called the "ministry student book club." The first book we read was The Myth of a Christian Nation. We've now moved on to No Perfect People Allowed. I know I haven't been blogging on this book, I got into some other more urgent books and since we're starting it as a group, it will be a few months till they're caught up with me.

There are so many good books we could read but the one value I want to drill into this group, with the little time I have is the value of reaching unchurched people. So, we're studying this book.

Just for history's sake, I took a picture of our group. I'm sure this is like that picture of Hayden Fry's (former fb coach at Iowa) coaching staff of the 1980. It was full of future big-time coaches; Billy Snyder, Dan McCarney, Barry Alvarez, Bob Stoops, Mike Stoops, and the best of them all, Kirk Ferentz.

Look at all these future leaders:


Is it okay to admit that somtimes I worry about the future of our church?

No comments: