Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Oral Surgery

For the first time in my life, I was "put under" on Monday. I remember making small talk to the doctor and he gave me a shot, a mask being put on me and the next thing I knew, I was being walked into the recovery room. It was a really easy way to have all 4 wisdom teeth pulled.

I was pretty loopy after the surgery but I was just aware enough to enjoy my loopiness. The drugs removed my filter though, so I was more goofy than usual. As I lay in the recovery room, I was singing the drug-trip Beatles songs, Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds, etc.

My recovery has been pretty simple. I lay in bed for about 4 hours but was able to make an 8:00 meeting that lasted over two hours. I'm just about ready to eat normal food and I haven't needed any pain medicine. Of course, that could all change if the blood clots went out so I'm being careful. I did spend almost 5 hours today passing out flyers for Trunk-or-Treat, so I'm feeling pretty good.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Glad that you're feeling ok! The singing kind of cracked me up! At least you remember that...I remember getting mine pulled and still don't remember anything except waking up and being in the car on the way home. (NO I wasn't driving!) I felt ok after, and was at work the next morning...not by choice!