Friday, August 15, 2008

Quite the day

I was jogging after work today and this Coldplay song came on the ipod. video lyrics

I finished my jog while the song was still playing. I leaned against my car and thought, "yep, that's pretty much how I feel." Stuff happening to my friends, my wife, me. It all seems to be piling up right now and I don't know what to do about it. I watched this video over and over, praying the words to God and over these situations and people.

God, why don't you just fix it all?

1 comment:

Emily said...

Donnie,

This is a song I have on my cd playing in my car...actually I have listened to it several times this week.

The line "when you get what you want but not what you need" is one that I have been so stuck on. Even praying about it. The thing I keep getting is...THIS, this crap, is what I need. I HAVE to go through it because who I will be when I come out of it is what HE wants, it's who HE wants me to be. Doesn't mean it doesn't suck RIGHT NOW....at least for me....but it's not about ME, is it. (not it's not ended with a question, because I wasn't asking)

The other line is at the end..."And I will try to fix you"...WOW!!! What a POWERFUL statement. While it could easily be argued that God isn't "trying" to fix us...that HE is fixing us, that is only true if we are actually giving HIM the ability to. Many (and often times) we fight HIS will subconciously because we go after what we want (and this is when some of our struggles and battles come in) but really HE is fixing us...all the time...as long as we are surrendering to HIS will.

Keep holding on, and keep surrendering...as cliche as it is...this too shall pass.