Wednesday, August 20, 2008

God has spoken!

I broke my fast last night because my time of prayer, dreaming and planning ended Tuesday afternoon. It was a really good time. In fact, I've never done this before. I'd never gotten alone for an extended period of time to seek God's vision for TFC's future and to then work out a plan to move toward that future.

On Monday, I spent time asking this question, What would it look like it TFC had matured as a church? I then wrote out what we'd be like as a church if we'd grown in each of the 5.

My question on Tuesday was, How do we get to that place of maturity? I worked out an action plan to move us toward that place of maturity.

I sent out my thoughts and plan to the Point Team last night. We're meeting again this Sunday afternoon to work toward a consensus on goals and action plans. The next step will be recruiting leaders to help TFC take these steps.

It's going to be awhile before we roll this whole thing out before the church. We've got a lot of work to do still, the last of which will be developing our strategy for communicating this vision to the entire church, as well as calling people to commitments.

Thanks for praying for me the last two days. Please be in prayer for our current leaders and the future leaders it will take to begin moving the church in this direction.

No comments: