Thursday, March 13, 2008

Sooo close, but not quite

I set a goal at the beginning of the year of benching 3 plates per side. Last night I was feeling good so I went for it. I had a feeling that it would be a small miracle if I'd actually hit it, but I was close. I needed a little help at the two toughest sticking points, but I was close.
It's nice to be so close to such a big goal. It seems like such a daunting weight but I was able to handle it pretty well, which is encouraging.

I got just enough of a taste to know that I ought to be able to bust through the "3 plate barrier" within a few more weeks.

2 comments:

Joe Hayes said...

315 is quite a milestone! Congrats.
I don't think I could do a push-up anymore.

Donnie Miller said...

We use a 50 pound bar, so it's actually 320. I can get 315 but that extra 5 pounds seems like a stretch.