Sunday, December 9, 2007

My trip into enemy territory


When I was in Des Moines over the weekend for a family Christmas dinner, I took a couple hours to go up to Ames with my dad for the annual Iowa vs. ISU basketball game. Since during Iowa's last game their best player had gotten on back on the court since breaking his foot, I thought maybe we'd have a good game. But Freeman must've re injured his foot because he didn't even dress. The game was disgusting. Iowa didn't even break 40 until about 3 minutes left in the game.

I had a great time hanging out with one of my best friends from high school who is an ISU grad and season ticket holder and I love going to games with my dad. With that said, I remembered why I despise ISU. At halftime they did a big presentation of the Cy-Hawk football trophy; the crowd went crazy and I almost puked. I've been to two BB games in Hilton Coliseum and both times they've bragged about beating Iowa and the other game was against Kansas. I wanted to stand up and yell, "congratulations for achieving the peak of your pathetic football programs' potential, you beat a mediocre Iowa team." But Jesus probably wouldn't have liked that, even though his Dad is a big Hawkeye fan.

Rivalries

No comments: