Monday, June 30, 2008

My surprise 30th B'day party

Yep, it was a surprise. Not the fact that I was having a birthday party, but that it was on Saturday night rather than Sunday evening. My sweet wife pulled off a great one!

Erin tried to recruit David Brush to get me out of the house Saturday afternoon, but wasn't successful. David asked if I wanted to go to a movie (and kept asking) but I kept turning him down becuase I already had several things to do on Saturday and wanted to get it all done so I could enjoy (what I thought would be) a birthday dinner with my wife. Erin eventually told me on Friday night that she was trying to get me out of the house, but I still didn't know why. My thought was, "that must be some dinner she's working on if she wants me out of the house." So when I told her on Saturday morning that I'd just stay in the basement and work while she made dinner, I made her so upset she started crying. So, I went to the library for an hour and then sat outside the library for an hour and a half after it closed, working on my musical lines and Sunday's message. When I came home at 6:30, I still had no idea. In fact, I even invited my neighbor to the party I thought was happening the next night, not knowing my backyard was full of people. I didn't know what was happening until I stepped on the back deck and could hear all the people. It was a wonderful surpise. The Hawkeye theme was a nice touch, too.

It was great to spend the night celebrating with such good friends, many of whom I don't get to see very often. I never get too excited about my birthday, but I'd been telling Erin the past few years that I'd like to do something big for my 30th. One of my best friend's wife threw a surpise party for his 30th and had some of us that couldn't be there send in video messages. At the time, I told Erin what a good idea that was and even though I forgot, she remembered.
So here are the videos from some friends and family that couldn't be at the party.
Mike DeBoef
Emmanuel Reinbold
Brandon and Stephanie Classen
My nephew and neice

If you want to see all the pictures from you party, you can view the facebook photo album.




No comments: