Saturday, June 7, 2008

TFC Block Party

We had a great block party today! Lots of games, lots of people and lots of fun. It was also a lot of work. Thank you to all who worked so hard under Pastor Andy's leadership to pull off this event. Thanks to those who passed out the over 600 flyers. Thanks to the Billings for hosting the event.

Erin and I were able to talk with some families that don't have a church home, which was good. While passing out flyers last night, I talked with a guy who is singing in the musical with me and a soon-to-be 8th grader I coached last fall. Both of them came with their families today! There was also a lady who I got to know through teaching the FPU class that came with her kids. As far as I know, none of these families are connected with a church. Which is exactly why I coach, teach FPU and am in the musical, to build relationships within the community. And that's also why we do events like this, to connect with and serve our community.

Thanks for all your work. After preaching tomorrow, I'll be on vacation for a little over a week.

No comments: