Friday, June 6, 2008

My throat hurts

After hours and hours of rehearsal this week, my throat is pretty sore.
As I was working on songs last night, I kept going flat just because my throat hurt so badly.
Our music director, Annie, told me it's because I was breathing through my shoulders rather than through my abdomen. She kind of freaked me out in telling me if I didn't fix that, there's no way I'd make it through these next two months, my voice would be shot by performance weekend.

So I focused on breathing correctly during the rest of the practice and I did improve somewhat.
What also makes it difficult is that I yell/chant my most important song, "Trouble", rather than singing.
I also assume we'll never sing as intensely as we have this week, although I shouldn't bank on that.

No comments: