Monday, May 26, 2008

The streak is broken

Until Sunday afternoon, I hadn't played a pick-up game of basketball since the last semester of my senior year of college, just over 8 years ago. I reluctantly broke the streak at our Memorial Day picnic/worship gathering but now I'm glad I did it. Mostly, I just passed the ball to Marty Mothersbaugh and Travis Bottcher, but I actually made a few shots. I also gave Aaron Holmes a good shot to the head, but he returned the favor by swatting a shot from behind.

The picnic was a good time together. It's great to change things up. I personally loved the relaxed Sunday. I did my SOAP reading and went on a jog Sunday morning. Amazing how much free time I have when we aren't doing set-up. Scott Sidusky did a GREAT job leading the music, too! It was also great how Pastor Andy helped the kids lead us in communion. It was even better watching some of them eat the bread between serving worshippers.

I was able to have a long conversation with a couple who were at TFC for only the second time. The wife has basically no church background and the husband hasn't been since college. They just had a baby boy and just moved to Gardner. When they got our flyer in the Chamber's new homes packet, they decided to give us a try. I told them they were in the right place. It's amazing how God just keeps sending us family after family that are new to church. It's a honor that God entrusts these special families to us.

No comments: