Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Preaching that hits home

I've been listening to a series of sermons from Woodland Hills Church in Minneapolis. I'm familiar with Greg Boyd because I recently finished Myth of a Christian Nation, which was one of the best books I've ever read.

This page lists all the sermons from the year. I'd strongly recommend these messages: April 6th's Facing Reality, April 20th's Inside Out, May 4th's Beyond the Comfort Zone (that sermon seriously messed me up), May 11th's Taking out the Trash. It's honestly been a painful experience to listen to these sermons. God has been working me over; both as I listen and as He reminds me of things later. You know God is trying to tell you things when you hear something and then "coincidentally" read a similar passage later. This may not apply to many of you, but this message on What Kind of Leadership really hit me hard.
I'd encourage you to check-out those messages. Don't be surprised if you hear some of these same ideas coming through in my preaching sometime soon.

No comments: