Monday, September 10, 2007

Quite the compliment

Dr. Randy Beckum from MidAmerica Nazarene University came and talked about our discipline of connecting with believers. I set him up by explaining again how living out the 5 is how our church will be helping the kingdom of God break into our little corner of the world. It was a great time, Randy's one of the best communicators around.
But as I was talking with Randy after worship, he gave TFC an incredible compliment. He said "there's not a lot of churches around about which I can say this, but I could go to your church. You guys are doing things right. I love what you're doing. Keep doing what you're doing and finding ways to serve your community." Yeah, that was quite the compliment.
After thinking about it for awhile, I realized why Randy connected so well with what we're trying to do as a church; it's because Randy has been one of my most significant mentors. I'm leading a church in a way similar to how Randy would lead because I've learned so much about ministry from Randy.

Also, I just got back from visiting a family that came for the first time on Sunday (invited by another family) and the wife told me how excited she was to see our level of community involvement. It seems that people are starting to notice the things God is accomplishing through our church!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Donnie: Sounds like you're finding your way, and building a community of love. And it sounds like Jesus to me! Found you through my old friend Deren Beechner. Like you, I'm learning much, and re-thinking what it really does mean to follow Jesus. Finding the blog of a former Iowa Nazarene who's looking a similar direction is encouraging! Thanks!
Monte Asbury
Washington, IA