Thursday, September 6, 2007

Pre-game jitters

I've got them, haven't had this feeling since I was playing. We've got our first game this afternoon at 4:00 and I'm nervous. My hope is that Prairie View's (whoever they are) JV is as bad as ours.
I'm nervous our backs can't take handoffs and that the receivers will forget the plays from the time I tell them on the sideline and by the time they get to the huddle. I'm really nervous that our 0-line doesn't understand how physical they need to be and that their lack of blocking will get our QB's killed! A lot of these guys on JV don't have much of a clue what they're doing; which makes them like their coach! Although some guys are enthusiastic and ready to hit, so I hope they put in a good effort.
I also hope Prairie View's JV is as bad as ours! Have I said that yet? I'm not worried about winning or losing, although winning wouldl be nice. But I want the kids to have a good time and I'm worried that if they get destroyed, it will crush their little fighting spirits! I hope Prairie View's JV is bad so we can have a good (competitive) game.

1 comment:

Derin Beechner (Durk Niblick) said...

SO WHAT HAPPENED! Who won! How did it go? DETAILS!!