Friday, April 6, 2007

Knocking on doors - night 3

Last night was the coldest night so far, but at least it wasn't windy.

I met a lady named Justina who has two kids, they live on Madison street. She was wearing a Hawkeye shirt, so we hit it right off. She's like me, Hawkeye fan because she grew up in Iowa but she didn't attend the U of I.

I also met the president of our homeowner's association. The association basically fell a part when he was deployed to Irag and when he got back everyone quit on him. He was glad to see that we're starting this group, he said that this type of thing is what the neighborhood association (in theory) is supposed to be doing.

Seeing so many people smile when I tell them my idea reminds me of the deep need for community and relationships that so many people have. We're so isolated behind our garage door openers and perfectly cut lawns.

No comments: