Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving jog

I stayed up late last night watching the 1931 version of Dracula on youtube. I had my laptop in bed with me and shut it off when Erin finished reading and came to bed. I woke up this morning with the intention of going on a jog but instead stayed in bed and watched the end of Dracula as well as another movie (the Butterfly Effect) that someone uploaded to youtube. I wonder if the movie companies come after the people who upload a recent movie like that.

Anyway, when I finished the movie at 11:00, I climbed out of bed, threw on some shorts and a long sleeve shirt to go for a jog. When I was jogging with the wind, it was perfect but going into the wind was freezing. I'm so out of shape that the fact that I jogged the full 3 miles without walking means it was a good run. But if I'd slowed to a walk I probably would've died of exposure.

But I'm so glad I decided to run because just as I was going out the door, Erin's sister Megan who has gotten serious about running, gave me a call. She calls me every once in awhile to check up on me, make sure I've been running, which I haven't been lately. I'm glad I could say I was going out the door because she was calling from her cell phone, while she jogged up a hill in snowy Cleveland, where she was visiting her in-laws. Accountability - it's a good thing.

2 comments:

Nazarene Revolutionary Guard said...

We are the Nazarene Revolutionary Guard. We vow to bring holiness jihad to our Nazarene Churches. 2009 will be a liberation as we storm the gates of Orlando to bring holiness and purity back to our great denomination.
Join the Insurgency!
Long live Nazbollah! Long live the Nazarene Revolutionary Guard!
http://nazbollah.blogspot.com/

Steven said...

http://thenazareneu.blogspot.com