Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving jog

I stayed up late last night watching the 1931 version of Dracula on youtube. I had my laptop in bed with me and shut it off when Erin finished reading and came to bed. I woke up this morning with the intention of going on a jog but instead stayed in bed and watched the end of Dracula as well as another movie (the Butterfly Effect) that someone uploaded to youtube. I wonder if the movie companies come after the people who upload a recent movie like that.

Anyway, when I finished the movie at 11:00, I climbed out of bed, threw on some shorts and a long sleeve shirt to go for a jog. When I was jogging with the wind, it was perfect but going into the wind was freezing. I'm so out of shape that the fact that I jogged the full 3 miles without walking means it was a good run. But if I'd slowed to a walk I probably would've died of exposure.

But I'm so glad I decided to run because just as I was going out the door, Erin's sister Megan who has gotten serious about running, gave me a call. She calls me every once in awhile to check up on me, make sure I've been running, which I haven't been lately. I'm glad I could say I was going out the door because she was calling from her cell phone, while she jogged up a hill in snowy Cleveland, where she was visiting her in-laws. Accountability - it's a good thing.

No comments: