Monday, November 19, 2007

I jogged around the Sprint Center Saturday AM

Erin and I just finished a really good weekend, which was really needed. Thanks to some pastor appreciation gifts, we went out to McCormick and Schmidt's on Friday night and then spent the night in the Crowne Plaza hotel, which I pricelined a room. Our room was on the 20th floor, directly above Memorial Auditorium. We spent time just sitting in front of the picture window enjoying the view. On the left side of the window we could see the Bartle Hall spires and to our right we could see all the lights of the Marriot Hotel. We were also looking directly down on the fountain plaza on 12th street and Wyandotte.

On Saturday morning I went on a great jog around downtown, getting to see all the work that's happening there. Part of my jog took me around the Sprint Center, which is quite impressive. When I got back to the hotel I ran up the 20 flights of stairs. That sucked - it was all I could do to keep from puking.

No comments: