Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Life is Precious

A little over a month ago, I was listening to Jim Hurd sing a song about adoption from Annie that make me ache with love for my own son. This weekend, Jim will be burying one of his sons. I have no idea the pain the Hurd family must be feeling. After hearing the news last night, I went into Dawson's room and listened to him sleep and fought off tears. Thankfully, the Hurds are a part of a great church in Gardner that can be the presence of Christ as they mourn their loss.

Jim just posted this message on his Facebook account: "What a privilege and honor to get to be with, parent and befriend our Andrew. I couldn't be more proud and I can't love someone more. I miss him so much.
Andrew Celebration and Visitation Services
Friday night 6-9p at Fellowship Bible Church - Open church time to visit with family
Saturday Morning 10a (Place TBD) - Celebration of Andrew's Life."

I just can't imagine, though our God knows the same pain in giving his son over to the cross.

ABC's video

NBC's Video

Please pray for the Hurd's and the Crainshaws.

No comments: