Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Family Photo Shoot

Here are some great pictures from a family photo shoot we did on June 26th, my 32nd birthday. A rather painful and almost scary at the time - but now funny - faux pas happened during the shoot, which I'll explain at the end.

















In one of the above pictures, Dawson is seated on a hammock, reading a book. Just after that picture, a certain woman to whom I'm married suggested we all 3 lay across the hammock for a picture. We kept putting Dawson down first but he kept fussing, though we weren't sure why. Eventually, Erin layed herself across the hammock. When I, joining them, lay down across the hammock, the post holding one end of the hammock broke in half, sending us crashing to the ground and the metal eyelet to which the hammock rope was tied directly into my back. The post was heavy and that metal eyelet really, really hurt. I had a bruise for about a week. After getting my breath back several minutes later, I realized how fortunate I was that I was hit in the muscly part of my back, not on the spine, half an inch to the left. I was quite fortunate the post didn't land on my head. But more fortuitous than any of those near-misses, is the fact that Dawson lying right next to me, wasn't hit by the post. I'm very certain that crash would've landed us in the emergency room.

No comments: