Sunday, July 12, 2009

Oh Where is my Hairnet?



Yes, that's me wearing a hairnet in public. First time that's ever happened.
We just completed Gardner Community Theatre's weekend production of Bye, Bye, Birdie and it was another success.

I was an extra in a couple scenes but my mail role was the dishwasher / baritone in the bar scene quartet. With the exception of Trouble, the baritone part in this one song was harder than all my other songs combined from The Music Man. I hadn't sang in a quartet since high school, so it took Erin working with me to get my pitch back. And when I was in a quartet, I sang bass, so baritone was a bit of a change. And to top it all off, this part sings way too many sharps and flats, making it very difficult. Our music director said the baritone was the hardest part but she cast me there believing I could do it. Until the beginning of this week, I was pretty sure I was going to let her down.

But after a lot of work, I finally got it. As you can tell by the video, we're having a LOT of fun onstage. Pete, Nick and Jim were a riot to work with. We had fun singing together, moving the huge set pieces together and giving each other crap in the dressing room.

It was another great show from GCT.
I tried to upload the video to youtube, but unfortunately, it didn't work. I don't know why that happens sometimes but it's frustrating.

No comments: