Monday, April 18, 2011

Waiting For Superman

I just finished watching an incredible documentary on the public school system in our nation; what is wrong and how we can fix it.  It was quite inspiring, to say the least.  And yet one more confirmation for this new path I'm taking. 
You can check out the website here, http://www.waitingforsuperman.com/action/
While the people in this organization don't claime to have all the answers, their motivating philosophy is summed up in a line from that documentary:  "We know what works - great teachers.  And we know what doesn't work - bad teachers." 
That is, of course, the same philosophy guiding Teach for America

When I logged into my TFA website today, I watched a highlight video from their recent 20th anniversary celebration.  And to my excitement, though not really to my surprise, I saw in the highlight video several of the same leaders prominent in "Waiting for Superman." 

20th Anniversary Highlight Video from TFA 20th Anniversary Summit on Vimeo.


What you've just watched is what I'm about to be joining!

No comments: