Friday, April 22, 2011

My review of Rob Bell's new book "Love Wins"

Following the pattern occurring all throughout the inter webs, I'm doing my own review of Rob Bell's new book Love Wins

Forget any discussion of theology or biblical interpretation, I want to share the most awe-inspiring observation that Rob made in his entire book.  It comes from page 145 of the chapter entitled, "There are Rocks Everywhere."

"Why does my lawn have brown patches where I can't get the grass to grow, while five feet away grass grows through the cracks in the concrete in the driveway, grass much like the grass I wish would grow in those brown patches?"

Folks, it's for that kind of thoughtful viewing of the world around us that I read Rob Bell's books and subscribe to his podcasts

Of course, if you'd like a more serious review, you can read the reviews done by Zach Pogemiller and Greg Boyd

And here's a review from the president of Fuller Theological Seminary. 

Finally, for those of you reading this blog post that think Rob Bell falls somewhere outside the teachings of orthodox Christianity, well you need do know that there is a call waiting for you - a call on line one of the clue phone!  :)

No comments: