Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Dave Ramsey is coming to Kansas City

Total Money Makeover Live is coming to Kemper Arena on Saturday, May 2nd, 1:00-6:00.
I believe in Dave Ramsey's methods and teaching! And here's why:

6 years ago, some good friends of mine convinced me to join a group of people road tripping down to Oklahoma City to see the Dave Ramsey Live Event at Bethany First Church of the Nazarene. I'd heard of Dave Ramsey once but was mostly interested in the road trip with friends. I drove down late after work on a Friday night and we drove back late Saturday night through an ice storm. But that Saturday's event set Erin and me in the right financial direction.

At the time of that event in January of 2003, Erin and I had $22,000 in school loans and $6,000 in a car loan. I was working part-time and going to seminary full-time and Erin was in her first year of teaching. We realized we needed to get serious about paying off debt.
In the past 6 years, we've worked hard to build a 3 month emergency fund, pay off the 20% loan of our 80/20 home mortgage, pay off my Corolla and all of our school debt. I can't tell you what a wonderful feeling it was to kick Sallie Mae out of the house two weeks ago.

That Dave Ramsey Event changed the financial direction of our life. I believe in what Dave teaches!

Now that Dave is coming to KC in May, I'm going to do all I can to encourage EVERYONE in TFC to attend this event. The tickets are $27 each and you can sign up at the Welcome Table on a Sunday morning, or you can send me an email. The last day to sign up will be Sunday, April 19th. We'll be buying all the tickets together, so please make your checks out to Trinity Family.

Erin and I believe in this so much, we personally bought two tickets and will give them to two families who need them.

To learn more about Dave Ramsey, check out his website, http://www.daveramsey.com/


No comments: