Friday, June 17, 2011

My Last Day at FedEx

Well, just a little over a year after I wrote this downer of a blog post, I have completed my last day at FedEx. While FedEx is a great company and they have offer a higher earnings capacity than my new career of teaching, and possibly my old career of pastoring, it's just not what I want to do with my life. Clocking in and out to deliver packages is a fine way to earn a living, but it's not for me.

So today was the last day. And while I'm nervous about my new career, going to be living off savings for a couple months while I train with TFA and stepping out into the unknown, I'm glad to be moving on to something different. While I felt like a bit of a failure, returning to the place I left 6 years ago, overall it was a good experience. FedEx was certainly a wonderful opportunity that God provided for my family's financial health, a pretty miraculous one, really. Read about it here.

But to top it all off, the guy who worked next to me during the morning sort, bought me a cake with "Good Luck" written on it. It was a really, really nice gesture. And since I didn't actually get a similar send-off during my last "last day", it was quite appreciated. My (former) coworker joked, "for your next last day, we'll throw you a cook-out."

No comments: