Sunday, May 23, 2010

A new family from Trinity Family






As I was massaging the feet of my exhausted wife/ wedding coordinator on Saturday night, after all the wedding festivities had ended we were discussing how Zach and Valerie's wedding was one of the most beautiful wedding celebrations we'd ever been a part of. I must say Zach was the most relaxed I'd ever seen a groom - but, come to think about it, Zach is one of the most laid-back people I know. And Valerie was one of the happiest brides I'd ever been around - glowing and laughing the entire day.

This isn't the first wedding to come from TFC, Mike and Elizabeth Palmer were the first, but this is the first time I had the privelege of officiating the ceremony of a couple that met within our church.

I was so determined to do things right for Zach and Val that I was actually pretty nervous. Combine that with the dim lights in the sanctuary, making it hard to see my notes and I did let out a pretty big slip. I accidently replaced "sacredness" with "sadness." The whole place was busting out laughing for about a minute and I thought I might just lose it in a fit of laughter, but I composed myself and with the slip-up behind me was able to relax and enjoy a beautiful moment.

So, congrats to the new couple. As I said in my marriage homily, "Zach and Val are the real deal. They love God, each other and those around them. My wife, Dawson and I are all better off for having them in our lives."

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Thank you so much Donnie. :) It was a perfect day!