Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Prayer Support

I spent last week pretty nervous about my sermon, "Sex is Good (very good)." I don't know why I was nervous, I've preached on sex lots of times. But over the years, both my approach and our congregation has changed. We've got more people from completely irreligious backgrounds, so I realize I can't pull the "Sex is for marriage and that's the way it is" approach anymore.

On Friday, I sent an email to the entire church asking them to pray for me as I prepared the message. I wanted God's guidance as I sought to stay faithful to God's plan for our sexuality while also being full of grace and respecting the process of turning over your entire life to Christ. I think I did a pretty good job. Erin said it was actually one of the best messages I'd ever preached, which is really saying something :)!

But the coolest thing was the power I could feel as I was preaching. Sometimes I can just sense that the Holy Spirit is speaking through me and Sunday was one of those times. It's amazing what happens when people pray, huh?

If you'd like to read or listen to the message, click here. You could also subscribe to our podcasts here.

No comments: