Thursday, May 21, 2009

Behind the Scenes

Tonight was our first rehearsal for GCT's production of Bye, Bye, Birdie; it was the read-through. I found out that I have one speaking line and sing baritone in a quartet that backs up the lead in one song. I might be a part of the adult chorus in another song, but I'm not sure. This show's a lot different than The Music Man, it doesn't have the huge chorus numbers. My involvement in this show is a lot different than playing Harold Hill last summer. Being the lead last year allowed me to get to know most of the cast, since Harold interacted with just about everyone. Being in the background this year will give me some relaxed time to hang out with the cast members whom I got to know so well last summer.
My sweet and wise wife challenged me to slow down, look around the room and ask God to show me who I can minister to this summer. I've been praying that God would give me his ears to hear and his eyes to see who is hurting and/ or aware of God working in their lives.
It was obvious why we were in the show last year, the people we were able to serve and minster to. But who is it this year? I've actually got an idea as to who it might be, but I'm waiting for God to create the opportunities.

No comments: